Friday, July 11, 2008

Hi! How are you? BBQ?

Eventful week this wk, no?

1. Jesse Jackson's remarks are EVERYWHERE. Fox has replayed them over and over...idk how I feel about repeating them, but if you want to watch, here's the vid:



Btw, that's the hopefully the first and last time I have to positively reference Bill O'Reilly, even though it's not positive...yeah...

Some people are saying he probably did it on purpose, to kind of show this rift in the community and that there isn't one massive voting bloc (idk if that makes sense to me either). Others are saying it is a good example of this murmured "old school vs. new school" feud amongst black leaders, as if those that paved the way don't want to step down or those that had their way paved for them don't want to acknowledge the older leaders' contributions. Heck if I know. All I know is that it was rude, and how does this man NOT know that the camera and mic are still on? Hasn't he been doing interviews for like 40 yrs?!

2. Everyone plz welcome fellow SD-18 national delegate MICHAEL FLOWERS to the mix! This way you don't have to read my random posts all the time...hopefully he has a lot to say. He's also accepting donations on his personal political blog, which I can't find the link to at the moment, but I assume he'll include it in his first post.

*************UPDATE*****************
Michael's blog is linked on the right-hand side. Take a peek!

3. Senator Obama's acceptance speech will now take place OUTSIDE of the convention center! Me thinks the senator enjoys making history. :o) Wherever it has been relocated to, they plan to host 75,000 ppl, and make it open to the public by giving away tickets. CRAZINESS. I'm really excited for it, but I can only hope I have priority seating or a standing section...I mean, all this hard work for the back of the crowd? But really, it should be a great time, and I bet the speech will be powerfully moving and inspiring as always.

4. Lastly, I'm having a benefit BBQ to fundraise on Saturday, July 19, and I'm asking for a $6 donation per ticket. I'll create a new post with more details.

Any thoughts out there on the internets?

No comments: