Thursday, August 28, 2008

So sorry!

Sorry for the lack of updates yesterday. Between disconnected internet, photo issues, rushing around trying to give someone an extra community credential, trying to be in my seat for the speeches and things, and trying to make it to the events/receptions afterwards, I had almost no chance to update.

Wednesday was probably the best day so far; between Bill Clinton, Joe Biden, John Kerry, and Barack Obama's surprise experience, there was no lack of excitement. I'd encourage anyone to try to be a delegate at least once in their lifetime. The energy is palpable, the excitement electrifying. Amazing, wonderful, impressive, great, awesome, and other adjectives come to mind. I had a feeling Senator Obama would show, just because Senator Biden was speaking today, and I knew he had to eventually get to Denver. Then, a lady sitting in front of me got a call from her daughter saying that she saw him enter the building. Judging from the crowd's reception of Pres. Clinton and Senator Kerry, I knew the arena would explode in cheers for when Senator Obama came out. And boy, DID IT. The girl next to me started crying, because she had never seen him in person before...it was a moving experience for her. She said, "[Senator Obama] is the person I've been working for, giving up all my free time to get elected. He is the person that I've been phone-banking, block-walking, mailing flyers, and speaking to people about. Seeing him on that stage was overwhelmingly emotional. I don't even remember what he said at that point."



All I can say is that tonight should be even better. Although I hear that this speech will probably be more about policy than his previous speeches, I'm sure he'll still continue to inspire others to aspire to great things for themselves.

No comments: