Sunday, August 10, 2008

U.N.I.T.Y.?

Sorry, I'll make this one quick. This article just has me sick to my stomach...I thought we were working towards unity. Not ONCE have I ever heard an Obama supporter, field organizer, or other campaign worker say "we don't need [Clinton supporters]." I also don't understand how if a candidate has since endorsed his/her former opponent, why he/she would want to put her name on the ballot? I feel that would divide more than unite. Also, this whining of "she's not getting what she deserves" and "they're shutting her out" I just DON'T understand. Obviously, Senator Clinton is going to be a major part of the Democratic party as she has been since she was the First Lady. I just...I guess I just don't understand. I mean, if the shoe was on the other foot, I'm sure I would be kinda upset that my candidate lost, but once he endorsed his opponent, agreed that her plans and policies would work for us domestically and abroad, and was out CAMPAIGNING for her, I would just LET IT GO. Idk. I just think it's been 2 months already, and if the opponents can work together, then why can't we?

No comments: